Saturday, April 4, 2009

(Family) Date Night


Yesterday evening the YMCA offered a Parent's night out. It's such a sweet deal. For $15, Payton and Ian get to play on a bouncy house, eat pizza and do arts and crafts from 5 - 9 pm. Scott and I did it one Friday in March and the kids were wonderful! They had such a great time. So we thought we would enjoy a dinner out at the Village Tavern without kids. This time Ian was pretty fussy when we dropped him off, but we thought he would get over it once he was at the bouncy house. We were about to be served the beers we ordered when we got a call from the Y saying that Ian would not settle down and 'Would you please come pick him up?' Ugh... We picked the kids up less than an hour after we dropped them off.


We were all starving, so we stopped at Pizza Hut. This was at 7 pm. We didn't get out of PH til 8:15 pm. There is something wrong with it taking an hour and 15 minutes for one pizza! Scott posed the question, 'Was it just because that we were so hungry that it seemed to take so long?' I don't think so. It took our waiter 10 minutes before he even came to our table. I was so frustrated with the PH experience, I don't know if I'll go back to that one. (Of course, it doesn't help the situation that when my blood sugar drops I GET GRUMPY :) I told Grandpa that story and his comment was that he was proud of Ian for turning Date Night into Family Date Night.


1 comment:

The Hawg said...

Geez. You must have had low blood sugar a lot when we were kids. ;-)