Friday, September 18, 2009

St. John's Carnival

Tonight, Payton's school held their annual carnival. I was skeptical last year. I'm not big on carnivals. They are usually money-sucking stressful occasions. But this carnival is different. It's not too big. The games are kid-friendly. Everyone is always a winner at the games. And you can have a nice family date night (including dinner) for $25.

We got there when it started and the kids were super excited. I let each one enter a raffle for a toy prize basket. Payton was ready to claim the prize immediately. I tried to explain how raffle works. I think she's almost to the point of understanding the concept, but she's not so happy about it. She wants the prize...now.

Anyway, so we played games. Ian was drawn to the basketball game. Payton slid down the 15 ft inflatable slide and jumped in the bounce house. Daddy showed up while I was working the pre-K booth - toss the TP into the toilet bowl. (They were brand new toilets.)

We had pizza and hamburgers for supper. Ice cream for dessert and we were home for baths and bedtime. It was a pleasant evening.

No comments: