I knew there was a parade close by, but it was misty/rainy and I didn't want to sit out in it, so I didn't tell the kids about it. Well, we took off for the library and got there too early. It didn't open till 10 and it was 9:15am. The mist had subsided, so I drove 5 minutes to where I knew we would be able to see the Plano's Fourth of July Parade.
The kids, of course, thought we had just happened upon it. They were super-excited. We hadn't sat down on the street curb for 5 minutes and here came the police car leading the parade. We were handed little American flags which the kids waved the entire time. Then there were people handing out candy! The kids were on cloud nine.
Of course, there were local organizations, politicians, the bug exterminator float, and the Star Wars people.....
Yup, I said Star Wars people!
After the parade, we did make it to the library.
These 'windmills' were turning slowly - pretty cool.
In the library, the kids sat next to their new friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment