Can you believe it Ian turned 4 years old on Saturday!
We had a small party for him and some of his friends. Ian decided he wanted a Transformer birthday (much to Daddy's chagrin, but he dealt with it...) Ian had Mason, Conner, and Aiden come over for his party. Payton asked if she could have a girl over so she wouldn't be stuck playing with a bunch of boys :) I guess I really can't blame her.
We incorporated Ian's love for Legos into the theme and the activities. Daddy made a Lego version of Bumblebee for the cake. Ian wanted a sprinkle cake with green icing.
I love piñatas. So did the kids. Ian at first wasn't so sure about letting everyone have a turn hitting it. But after he saw that everyone would get to hit it MANY times, he was okay with sharing....
This piñata was pretty indestructible. They make them now where you are suppose to pull ribbons on the back of it to release the candy. We tried the old fashion way first. The kids almost took off Optimus Prime's legs, but after about 15 minutes of trying to get to the candy with a bat, we gave up and let the kids pull the ribbons....
All in all, Ian had a great birthday.
He is quite a sweet little boy (most of the time). He loves building Lego sets, playing soccer, telling us little stories, and playing with his sister (again, most of the time). I love you, little boy.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Ian!! Looks like lots of fun. Love the cake, Laura! :)
Thanks. I feel like I got off easy on this one.
Post a Comment