The garden can bring so much joy. It's a lot of work, and can be hot and frustrating. But, when you see the plants grow into something beautiful and fruitful, its very rewarding.
I planted onions from seed for the first time this fall. A couple of weeks ago, it was time for harvest. There were so many of them, I decided to braid them together. This made it easier to hang them up to dry. My only problem with braiding the onions came with those that had flowered. The stems aren't bendable like the others. Those I had to just set aside and let dry individually.
I've also harvested my contender bush beans already. I've picked 4 times so far, and I think they're about done. It may be getting too hot for more blooms. But, I am pretty pleased with the crop this year. Out of one picking, I harvested 6 pounds of beans from my single 10 foot row :) I used to always complain about picking beans growing up. I still complain (a little) about it now, but I enjoy the fresh beans so much, it's worth the pain in my lower back.
I'm growing English cucumbers for the first time this year too. I coaxed Scott into building a trellis for me. It turned out great.
I have tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, squash all starting to produce, too......
It makes me happy :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment