Tuesday, August 27, 2013

First Day of School

Since we moved at the beginning of the Summer, yesterday was Payton and Ian's first day at a new school -  Ashley Elementary in Frisco. They both, understandably were anxious and excited.

 Ian is in first grade and has Mrs. Shade as a teacher. He said that she is very nice. He got to play with Play-doh twice! I'm a little skeptical about Play-doh in first grade, but it was just the first day, so we'll see..... Ian was most excited that they had HOTDOGS! in the cafeteria for lunch!

Payton has Mr. Thornburg for homeroom, math and science; and Mrs. Cooksey for reading and writing. I think Payton is excited about having a male teacher. She said she had a good first day. The only real work that they did was 'power write' about a topic Mrs. Cooksey gave them.

We are all learning the ropes. It's a new school and they definitely do things differently than where we were before. I haven't decided if it's good, bad, or just different. Time will tell.

I was very excited to see my kids off to school. Don't get me wrong, we have had a great summer and I love hanging out with the kids, but they were starting to get a little tired of hanging out at home with Mom. Thus, I was getting a little tired of hanging out with the kids at home :)




No comments: