Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Bookcase


Monster #2 is done. I shouldn't call it a monster. I mean, it's huge, red and brown, but it's also very useful and the kids love it. Yep, I'm talking about the bookcase that Daddy built. It's quite magnificent actually. We had the Holland's over for the unveiling on Sunday and ALL the kids enjoyed sliding down the slide, including Daddy. Ian is over the moon about Scott's masterpiece. I must admit, I'm pretty impressed with it as well. Monster #2 has quite a bit of storage and it's just fun for the kids to climb on and play in. We just have to enforce some ground rules like: 1) no jumping from the top of the 4.5 ft platform, over the step, to the Ian's bed; 2) only one person on the slide at a time; 3) no sliding down the slide backwards, head first; and 4) no using pillows as sleds. The rule list may need some adjusting, but for now, hopefully we'll avoid a major accident if we could follow these rules.
Side note for those that didn't know: The only reason I call the bookshelf Monster #2 because of the big, bright blue Monster #1 that Scott built for me back in our first years as a married couple. It was suppose to be our newspaper recycling organizer, but we just never used it. Poor Monster #1 crashed to its demise off of our second floor apartment balcony when we decided not to move it to Phoenix.

On the other hand, Monster #2 is going to be well loved and cherished :)

1 comment:

Nels said...

Mona Lisa, eat your heart out. You have met your match in the masterpiece competition. Scott, you could make a career out of this- screw medicine! :)

Nicely done.