Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Next 3 Days

The day after Christmas, I went up to Arkansas with Kevin and his family. It was a 12 hour drive with 3 children under the age of 5! Surprisingly the kids did a fantastic job. We were lucky not to run into any ice on the roads. I went to Grandma Grote's memorial service on Sunday, Dec. 27. I got to visit lots of relatives that I haven't seen in a long time - some over 10 years! It was nice to catch up with them. Then on Monday, we and my parents drove back to Texas.

Scott stayed with the kids at Oma and Opa's house. They found plenty to do.

Payton and Ian helped Oma feed her puppies.
They went to a cool park in Katy, Tx. Evidently it was huge and the kids had a great time. Cousin Kennedy met them there and they were very excited to play with her.
In the video, Payton says, 'I want to play with Kennedy!' and then Ian shouts, 'No! I want to play with Kennedy!'
Timeout.
Of course, there's always something to jump off of. Kennedy and Ian enjoyed this sport.

I would have felt a little sorry for Scott taking care of the kids all by himself, except that he did get to play golf with his dad - twice. Thanks Oma and Aunt Kate for taking care of the kids.

No comments: