Friday, January 29, 2010

Kids say the darnest things - Part II

On Wednesday, we were almost to school when Payton says, 'Mommy, I miss you. I don't want to go to school. Can I stay with you? I miss you! - and Ian'

Mommy's little heart melted.

'Payton, understand that if you stay with me today, you HAVE to go back to school tomorrow. And next year when you're in kindergarten, we can't do this.'

'Okay, Mommy. Can I stay with you today?'

'Alright, Payton. You can play hooky today.'

Huge grin across Payton's face. So we hang out on Wednesday. (I had to explain what hooky was - she seemed to understand.)

Thursday, Uncle John and Cousin Amy were passing through and we pick them up, and take them to the hospital to have breakfast with Scott. (which was a very nice visit, by the way) I told Payton that we would take her to school after breakfast.

On the way to school, Payton asked, 'Mommy, can I play hockey today?'

Hooky, Payton, not hockey ;)

No comments: