Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm feeling a little guilty about not blogging in a while. There's been so much going on that I haven't had time during the day and by the time the kids are in bed, I just want to veg. But maybe the next few days will be slower and I can catch up on some posts....

My lapse in posts all started with my parents' visit, so maybe I should start there.

Mom and Dad came into town on the Tuesday of Holy Week (almost a week and a half ago). The kids were, of course, super excited to see Grandma and Grandpa. Grandma had been having allergy issues in Tx and was hoping they wouldn't follow her here. Well, she was out of luck. Poor Grandma lived on tea, honey, and lemon. The amount of pollen here is crazy. The trees are beautiful, as are all the flowers, but if you breathe outside for too long, you feel it (and not in a good way).

The first afternoon they were here, we just hung out and played in the backyard. The Grandparents each took a turn playing chase with the kids.



The next day we took Grandma and Grandpa to Reynolda Gardens so they could see some of the trees that they don't have in Tx. The kids always love running around this place and I can't get enough of it. I would love to have my own private Reynolda Gardens in my backyard if I could.

No comments: