We were still up early the next morning. We left out of W. Memphis by 5:30 am. This was our first sunrise where we actually could see the sun peak out on the horizon. I had forgotten how beautiful this could be.
This day was scheduled to be a 7 and a half hour day to get to Plano. We stopped at the Texas Visitor Center on the way in at Texarkana. We couldn't resist taking a picture next to the sign. I gathered a couple of TX maps and lots of brochures for local things to do. And we got a couple of 'Don't Mess with Texas' bumper stickers. God, it's good to be back in Tx. It just feels different. And if you've ever visited or live here, you understand what I mean.
For lunch we had some good ole Tx BBQ and made it to our new home by 2:30 pm! There was nothing in the house except for what we had brought in the cars, but the kids had such a great time running around the empty house.
I don't know what all they were doing, but we didn't have to entertain them.
Oma was at the house when we arrived. My parents arrived the next day. It's great to have family close enough to drive up to help :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss that "Texas feel." Hope you are doing great.
Post a Comment