Today the DMA was celebrating First Tuesdays which means that the museum was free and it was focused on art for kids. I wanted to go to in July, but we had just moved in and didn't have internet yet. And sad to say, I felt a little lost without google maps and the DMA website to guide me. So today, the whole family went for a couple of hours to get a nice dose of culture.
The art project today was making a puppet and using some piece of art to inspire our creations. We ended up next to some Jackson Pollock paintings.
The current exhibit was called Coastlines. I was really looking forward to this exhibit and it didn't disappoint. There is such a range of feelings and emotions that one feels when you're next to the ocean. And there were all kinds of photographs and paintings to capture them.
We had lunch in the Atrium Cafe and then headed home.
We didn't get to see all the exhibits, but that gives us a good reason to go back.
1 comment:
How fun!! Art museums are fantabulous!
Post a Comment