On Wednesday, before Payton could escape, I stopped her and said, 'You know you can give me a hug or at least say good-bye before you walk into school.' Payton sighed and said, 'Ok, Mo..um' You know the kind of way kids say it. It's not just Mom; it's Mau..um - a little drawn out and very sarcastic. She's too young to start this, isn't she?
Then on Friday, Payton decided she wanted to eat lunch at the cafeteria because they were serving pizza. They have a system established at Plano where you can pay online for their meals and according to Payton they have lunch cards that they use. So when she got home Friday, I asked how it went. She said it was good, but that they had a hard time finding her card. I understand this because our last name confuses people and filing systems. Are we under V or P? is the usual question. I asked if she said anything while they were searching for her card. She said no, that they eventually figured it out. Then she wanted to get milk, but didn't know which kind to get. I told her to ask someone which one is the white milk next time. But with all of that, she was rather pleased with herself and her lunch.
Ian's week was pretty uneventful. The teacher was really sweet and bought Star Wars stickers because she knew Ian liked them. Ian's snack on Wednesday was a little healthier - some type of cracker. But on Friday, it sounded like it was someone's birthday, so they had cookies for snack. Snack is a hot topic with Ian.
On Friday, the teacher was a little perplexed. She said Ian had a good day until 11:45 when she told everyone to clean up. All of a sudden Ian lost it and started crying. He continued to cry while cleaning up. He wouldn't tell Ms. Bella what was wrong. When I got him alone in the car, I asked him if he wanted to talk about it and he answered with an emphatic, 'NO.' He was almost asleep by the time we got home :)
On Wednesday, Daddy and I had the whole morning to ourselves :) It was like date night except in the morning.
On Friday, I had the whole morning to myself :) I did some grocery shopping and then went shopping for a swim suit.
It's going to be a good year.
No comments:
Post a Comment