Me, checking out the garden.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Hermine
Well, we had some excitement this afternoon. Hermine has been bringing us rain for the last two days and today it got a little exciting with a tornado warning for Plano. It was about 5:45pm and Ian and I were coming inside from playing in the rain when we heard the sirens. Scott had never heard them before, but on Wednesdays at noon they test them, so I knew what they meant. So we grab the kids and head to our 1/2 bath in the middle of the house. Scott grabs the computer so we can look at the radar. The kids are a little freaked out. Ian especially. He asked about 10 times 'What's a ortado?' We tried to calm them down while checking the radar. The activity looked like it was a little north of us, but we stayed in for about 15 minutes. Of course, to distract the kids, we perused the Lego website :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
OOOH...I almost called you Wednesday afternoon to make sure you guys were okay!
Post a Comment