Saturday, October 16, 2010

First Parent-Teacher Conference

This week marked the end of the first nine weeks of the school year. Kindergarteners don't get grades yet, but instead parents get to meet with teachers to discuss their kids. Our conference was on Thursday. I am pleased to report that Payton is doing fine in kindergarten. Mrs. Chiang said that she has no behavioral or social concerns regarding Payton. We discussed where she stands academically - and she's doing just fine.

Scott said," 'What did you expect she would say....'Payton's brilliant. She should skip ahead to the next grade?'"

And NO I didn't expect that. I was pleased that Payton is right on target.

Mrs. Chiang did say that Payton's strengths are being observant and story comprehension. Evidently, Payton lets Mrs. Chiang know every morning what has changed in the classroom :)

It was kind of strange sitting at the kidney-shaped table, in little bitty chairs, across from Payton's teacher - very surreal. I remember sitting across from my elementary school teachers at a table just like that one. Of course, the chairs didn't feel so small :) Am I really old enough to have a kid in kindergarten?

3 comments:

The Hawg said...

News flash: You are old.

Laura said...

That's not funny.

The Hawg said...

Actually, it depends upon what point of view you look at that statement. Some of us, who are comfortable with aging, find the remark quite hilarious. ;-)