Can I just say, thank God for distractions. The kids were super wound up (and so was I). They settled down into watching a show in the iPad while I scanned weather.com on the computer.
We were lucky. We had 2 tornado warnings, but no tornadoes near us. After the warnings had expired, I tucked the kids in bed but had to stay with them till they fell asleep.
Then round 2 started. We had a weird alarm sound through our neighborhood like it was traveling through the streets on a vehicle. Then it said, 'severe thunderstorm warning'. Another line of thunderstorms, this time with wind up to 70 mph and hail came through. The kids slept through it thankfully, but it was a pretty loud storm.
This was the fourth time we've used our little guest bathroom for shelter since we moved here less than a year ago.
We've been battered by winds, hailed on, several tornado warnings, 100 hours of below freezing weather, snow and ice. When we moved to Plano, I didn't realize how crazy the weather here can be.
No comments:
Post a Comment