Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I don't know....

I picked Payton up from school a couple of weeks ago and noticed something funny about her smile. Loose tooth #2 was gone. Payton had already shrugged out of her backpack and was about to gallop out to the playground when I stopped her, 'Payton! Where's your tooth?'

'I don't know.' She shrugged and took off.

I figured she swallowed it, but thought I might try to pinpoint when she lost it. So I asked her if she remembers having her tooth at lunch. No. At snack? No. I thought I had seen it at breakfast. She had a bagel and cream cheese, so I thought that was when she probably swallowed it. I didn't know what the Tooth Fairy does in these cases. If there is no tooth to put under the pillow, I assume the Tooth Fairy doesn't come. Thankfully, Payton didn't ask about it, so I just let the situation go.

Well, then the next night, I thought she was already asleep, when I hear her yell, 'Mommy! Come up here!' After she yells a couple of times (it was late and I told her to just go to sleep!) I finally give in and go to her room.

She's sitting in her bed holding something in her hand. 'I found my tooth!' she says. Where was it? In her bed!?!?! I said, 'I guess now the Tooth Fairy can come visit you.'

How do you loose your tooth while sleeping?

No comments: