Last week, we focused on the oceans and sea life. I have a big map of the world that focuses on animals and where they live, so I hung that up in a central location in the house. We learned about one ocean a day and where it was located.So, as part of the study of sea life, we went to the Dallas World Aquarium. It was pretty cool, but not quite what I expected. When I think of aquariums, I think of huge tanks of fish and aquatic life. The first thing you see when you get to the DWA are cages of birds - don't get me wrong they're beautiful exotic birds. But birds all the same.
The first sighting of something aquatic was at the bottom of this huge atrium filled with a jungle - a huge gray manatee. I don't know much about manatees, so Scott started to fill us in on all things manatee-an.
Despite the initial lack of aquariums, the atmosphere was pretty spectacular. I particularly like monkey island where we were eye level with the top of a tree where a mommy and baby monkey perched. I don't know what type of monkey it was....
There were alot of touch screen computers filled with animal information, but the kids didn't want to stop long enough to find the one I was interested in. Payton would take a picture of the screen and move on.
It would have taken a while to navigate the computer, so we just walked along and enjoyed the sights.
My favorite was the sea dragons...



No comments:
Post a Comment