For fitness: We learned some yoga moves. Payton and Ian both had swim lessons. Payton had basketball camp. And Ian was suppose to have indoor soccer - until he broke his wrist....
Payton's basketball camp was a little kinda fun to watch. The coach was a no-nonsense sort of guy that, you could tell, had taught 5 and 6 year olds intro to basketball many times. Payton learned all the lines on the court, how to throw a bounce pass, how to throw a chest pass, how to dribble, and how to shoot. On the last day they tried to put it all together.
Payton was a little frustrated with her dribbling and she still can't get the ball up to the basket consistently, but I think she had a good time in the class.
For nutrition: We talked about the different food groups and how much of each group we should be getting each day. I tried to emphasize the importance of vegetables (considering I have to bribe Ian to eat them and Payton won't eat them at all), but it didn't seem to phase them on bit. Then we had a cooking day, where they helped prepare a nutritious meal - pigs in blankets and a salad.
Grandma led the bread making and pig wrapping class. I think the kids really enjoyed this part - especially kneading the dough. They were less than thrilled about making the salad and in the end didn't try the salad.....sigh.

No comments:
Post a Comment