We just got back from a week long trip to North Carolina where we spent most of our time with our good friends, the Pruitts. They live in Asheville, a couple of miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was absolutely gorgeous there. Since we didn't have to contend with over 100 degree heat, we tried to spend a lot of time outside. We sat out on the patio every chance we got. I think the hottest it got was 92 degrees and we laughed :)I got to go for a couple of runs - up and down hills - in the cool of the morning (it was only between 68-72!) And I got to see a couple of flocks of turkeys :) I've never run up on a flock of turkeys before.
So one of the excursions we took was up on the Parkway.
We went blackberry picking at Graveyard Fields which runs along a creek where we ate a picnic lunch. The kids had a great time wading in the cold water. And they really enjoyed hunting up the wild blackberries.
And the adults enjoyed the yummy blackberry cobbler that Jill cooked up, even if the small berries were a little crunchy :)



3 comments:
My kids have been lost the few days..."mommy, we have NOTHING to do!" I think they are missing the full house. It's been entirely too quiet around here! :)
My kids have been lamenting that they 'miss Samuel and Sarah'. sigh.
Beautiful! What a beautiful place! I am Brazilian and I am very willing to meet North Carolina ...
Post a Comment