Saturday, September 10, 2011

First Soccer Game of the Season

Ian's soccer team is the Pirates this fall (yellow shirts). Today he played the Stars. He was excited about the game, but several things happened that then put him in a not-so-excited-about-playing-soccer-today mood.

Our games are all scheduled to be played in Russell Creek Park, which is literally across the street from our house. It's a big park, but I thought we could just walk to the game because Field E wasn't too far. Well the Field E that I saw and the Field E that Plano Sports Authority meant were two completely different fields. The Field E that Ian was on was on the opposite side of the park. We wandered for almost a half hour before we found it. So, Ian was already tired and hot before the game even started - sorry Ian :(

He just never really attacked the ball. From the get-go he had decided that everyone else was faster. So, Ian ended up standing around watching the action.



Of course, I tried to be positive, but I couldn't say, 'Great job, Ian!' because he knew he wasn't doing a great job. His heart wasn't in it today. He said that next game will be better.

No comments: