Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

What are you going to do differently in 2012? 

I tried to explain to the kids about New Year's resolutions....how people use January 1st as a mark to try to improve themselves or start something new. It's a chance to start anew. Not that we need a specific date to do necessarily do this, but it's a tradition that many people take part in. So I asked the kids if there was something they felt they needed to work on.

Payton said, 'No, Mom. I'm perfect.'

Huh. All righty then.

Of course, then I tried to explain to her that I thought she was very special and unique, but that everyone could always improve somehow or another. And that no one is perfect. I used the example of her whining. She admitted she did whine......

And she didn't have much to say after that.

No comments: