Friday, September 21, 2012

Plano Balloon Festival 2012

We went to the Plano Balloon Festival on tonight. This was Scott's first time, but the kids and I have seen a morning launch before. It was pretty warm when we went, but we wanted to get there early, set up our spots, and eat supper. The parachute team was great....I was impressed that they all landed in the same spot (at different times).

Then the balloons started inflating....

And launching....

The kids weren't crazy about taking pictures, but we made them take them anyway :)

We had a little break between the launch and the balloon glow, so we got some icees to help cool off. in the middle of consuming our dessert, Ian calls my attention to his ice that he's been chomping into. 'What's this, Mommy?' It was blood! So I check his mouth to see where it's coming from....and he lost his tooth! Scott found it on the blanket he was sitting on. Talk about crazy!

The balloons then started inflating for the balloon glow. At first we thought this one was tweety bird with a cat in a barrel, but no. It was a pirate, but it was funny to hear Ian saying Tweetie bird without his tooth :)

I think I was most impressed with the balloon glow. It was quite spectacular.

 

No comments: