Saturday, May 23, 2009

And then there were 8.....


stalks of corn left in the garden. Initially I had 10. What happened to the other two that had been growing nicely in my little patch of a garden? The first one left us a couple of weeks ago. The corn was only about 2 inches high and one stalk (the little one on the end) was severed right above the ground. Ian was my first suspect because he had been wielding a small blue shovel earlier that day. But then this morning, another little corn plant on the end was completely severed and the top of it was gone! So, whom ever severed the plant, took the evidence. I've seen a little rabbit and a ground squirrel in our back yard.  They are my suspects at this point. I'm afraid I'm going to have to put up a little fence around the garden - or at least put something around the next littlest corn plant for protection.

No comments: