
Grandma and Grandpa flew into RDU Tuesday evening. The kids and I went to pick them up. They were SO excited to see them. Each child gave them an extra-long hug and Payton talked to them almost the whole way home. It wasn't that Ian didn't try to get a word in; Payton just wouldn't let him. There was just so much to talk about - the surgery, the weather, school, toys, etc.
Since I have the grandparents here, I am taking advantage of their help. Payton and Ian had their first dentist appointments. The pediatric dentist office was very kid-friendly waiting room equipped with a playhouse and lots of toys. The examination room was open with four tables pointing towards the four corners. You could see everyone and everyone could see you and your exam. I guess this helped..... Payton went first. She had to have X-rays. She didn't care for the X-rays too much. She has a very small mouth for her age and they had a hard time getting the lower back teeth pictured. She did great during her exam. Ian took a little more coaxing. I didn't think he was going to get on the exam table, but receiving a green bouncy ball helped tremendously.
Ian got a clean bill of healthy teeth. Unfortunately, Payton has three cavities that we have to get filled on two separate occasions :( The dentist said they were in odd places. I don't know if her getting them had anything to do with her inability to swallow very well with her stuffy nose and large tonsils prior to surgery, but it could be a possibility. Anyway, Payton gets to go back next Tuesday. Grandma was there to help with the whole dentist experience which was a relief. Doctor and dentist visits are stressful for everyone involved.
After lunch and play at Chic-Fil-A (hey, that rhymes), we set off for Asheville, NC to visit the Biltmore Estate.
No comments:
Post a Comment