Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I go first!


Yesterday, the kids received the seasonal flu shot at our Dr.'s office. Scott was able to take off for a little while to help out. I warned the kids that the shot will hurt a little bit, but that it wouldn't hurt for very long. Then after the shot was over, I promised them ice cream. Ice cream always helps.

We get into the examination room with the nurse and the nurse asks us which one should go first. I wasn't sure, so we ask the children who would like to get the shot first. Without hesitation, Ian raises his hand and says, 'I go first'. Payton on the other hand, said 'Not me!' Daddy holds Ian while he gets the shot. Ian watches the whole thing. There was a little delay, but the crying started just after the needle was out. Payton didn't appreciate this and she decides that she is NOT getting the shot. She thought it was going to hurt TOO MUCH. Scott and I tried to reason with her. When that didn't work, we had to hold her down.

This was not fun.

Her crying stopped after 10 seconds and she said, 'That wasn't so bad. - You said it was going to hurt really bad'

Ah well, the superman ice cream at Mayberry's was appreciated after the whole ordeal.

No comments: