Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Christmas Tree

Last Sunday afternoon, we went to the farmer's market to pick out our Christmas tree.

Scott and I think it's so cool that we can get beautiful Fraser fir trees from farms just a couple of hours from here. We got our tree from Holly Farms which is close to Sparta, NC and the Blue Ridge Parkway.

It was 38 degrees out, so the kids got pretty cold quickly. I thought it was perfect weather for picking out our tree.

We got the tree home, and I think it took Scott and I almost an hour to get the tree in the stand and semi-straight. See what you think.....
Our tree stand is somewhere between 30 and 40 years old. It was my parents' stand before they went artificial. We think the problem with the straightness lies within the tree stand - we will make due for one more year.
The kids enjoyed putting on the ornaments - all in the same spot - 3 feet or lower. Favorite ornaments this year were the ornaments from the movie Cars! What is this world coming to. Nothing says Christmas like Cars.
Ahhh, there's nothing like a fresh Christmas tree all decorated to start off the season :)

No comments: