Saturday, December 19, 2009

SNOW!

But before I get to that: Happy 40th Wedding Anniversary Mom and Dad! You guys are amazing - I love you!


We got about 6-8 inches of snow! And Daddy was home to play with us :) He left work early on Friday. It started out as sleet and freezing rain. Then after about 2 hours of that, it started snowing. Yesterday morning, Ian and I fought off the crowds before it started to buy the coveted sled! We were lucky to get one. They were flying out of Ace Hardware like they were going out of style.

Payton couldn't wait to test out the sled. Daddy and I couldn't wait either, to tell the truth. We tried it in the back and front yard.


One of the first thing she wanted to do was make a snow angel.



Ian really enjoyed sledding. He always volunteered to go with Daddy or I. This is the first time for me to ever go sledding - it was a little slick.



Payton was a little skittish at first about sledding. She didn't want to go too fast, but by the end of the day she was going solo.



When we awoke to our winter wonderland, we couldn't resist sledding down the middle of the road. Daddy was the most daring - going down head first.






Not many were out on the roads. I think our paper delivery man showed up around 10 am - which surprised me. He said he was stuck in some one's yard for an hour. The roads were icy, snowy and slick, but started melting pretty quickly. We started shoveling the driveway and steps. But, I couldn't let Daddy clear our sledding path.



Payton and her snowmen....


Gizmo watched....

No comments: