Monday, February 1, 2010

Major Winter Weather Event!

I love how the meteorologists use this phrase - winter weather event - because it sounds all official. To us it meant - SNOW! (and a little freezing rain and sleet). We got 7 inches of snow Friday night into Saturday early. Then Saturday morning the sleet started for a couple of hours.

The first venture out didn't last very long because there still was some freezing precipitation stinging the little ones' faces. And it was just downright COLD. But in the afternoon, things calmed down and bit and we sled and played outside a while.

Payton had a great time sledding with Mommy and Daddy.



It took Ian a little while to get warmed up, but Daddy helped.


I shoveled some of the driveway - we had to leave a path for sledding. It was not fun. This time there was about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice under the snow. And the snow was fluffly, but heavy because of the sleet layer. UH! I worked for at least an hour and I still didn't get all the ice off.


No comments: