Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Valentine's Weekend
Scott gave me a fabulous Valentine's present this weekend - time. (ok, and some orchids which I hope I don't kill.)
He gave me Saturday afternoon AND evening off to go do whatever I wanted! Scott's been working long hours and weekends lately, so he knows that the kids have been driving me a little bananas. I went to Starbucks to read a book. When I lived in Phoenix, this time of year I would have gone for a hike on one of the mountain preserves right there in the city. Considering the snow from Friday night was still on the ground and all the hiking trails close to here would have been either covered in snow or muddy, I chose more city-fied things to do. After I finished my book, I went to the mall to wander. I found a sweet pair of lined jeans for only $10 at Eddie Bauer.This is the first pair I've ever owned. I don't even think they sell them in Corpus Christi. It never gets that cold there. (sigh)
After a hamburger, by myself! I picked up my friend Jill, and we saw the movie Avatar in 3D. The movie was great - action, romance, fantastical alien world with half-naked creatures - what's not to like. Special effects were cool. Only drawback was that the 3D glasses started pinching my nose. So, Saturday, was awesome.
But the weekend didn't stop there. Scott took the kids to Charlotte Sunday while I stayed at home! I decided to stay and do laundry, clean, take a nap, etc. Scott went to IKEA, the outlet mall, and Trader Joe's. At the outlet mall, Scott spent some of his birthday money at the Lego store. He bought all kinds of Legos for the kids (and him). He wanted to get something that he and the kids could do together - isn't that sweet!
So, even though today (Monday) is rainy and dreary, I'm still basking in the glow of my wonderfully relaxing weekend :)
It's exactly what I needed - thanks sweetie!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment