Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Payton's Five!!!


Happy Birthday Payton!

Payton turned five, April 15. She's my little tax baby - and she'll tell you that she was born on tax day.

She had a party this past Saturday. When we talked about who she could invite to her party, I told her she could invite 5 people since she was 5 years old. She said, as she counted on my fingers, Samuel, Sarah, two girls from school, and on the last finger she hesitated and then said, 'Evie, Tucker, and Reese' - all in one go, really fast. It was super-cute.

Payton requested a princess party. So, we decorated the house with pink streamers. I painted a picture of her invitation on the easel. I'm no artist, but at least you can see the resemblance.


First we had a hunt for Princess Payton's lost treasure. We hid necklaces, bracelets, and chocolate gold coins. We're still finding bracelets and coins in the back yard. But I think the kids got a kick out of it.


Then, we had a pinata. Now I think it looks like a tiara, but Payton said it was a princess chair. I'll let you decide.

The kids each had their own approach to the pinata.
Aaahhhh!

Grrrrr!

HmmmmF!

Tap...

Professional batter....

But in the end, everyone got what was truly important.... CANDY! (Like we don't have enough still left over from Easter.)




Next was the cake. Of course, Payton wanted a castle cake.....3 cake mixes, 14 ice cream cones, 1lb of white chocolate, and 2 lbs of powdered sugar, 2 sticks of butter later....

She liked it : )

I think the cake deserves one more look....


It was a good party and a good day. 


1 comment:

Fanny van Poppel said...

@ payton: A bit late, but congrats cutypie! hope the pie tasted as good as it looks!

@ Laura & Scott: it's been a long time, can't believe it's already a year ago since we last saw you guys... how's everything??

With love, Fanny