We had icy rain and sleet last night with wind gusts up to 50 mph! There was even thunder along with some of that sleet.
There is some snow, but it's just a thin layer on an inch of ice. And the pond is frozen over.
Needless to say, there was no school today. Scott is stuck up at the hospital. He came home last night just as the Arctic blast hit, packed a bag, and went back to the hospital because he's on-call today.
So, it's just me and the kids. Poor Ian has a cough and and a little cold - no fever, but still not quite up to par.
Payton's been great at keeping herself busy. I even helped her with one of her 'I Wonder' projects and we read together :)
Now, why do people in Dallas not shovel their driveways?
I decided to shovel mine because it's a steep incline. And that steep incline backs right out into my neighbor's fence. It would suck if my car started sliding down the driveway into my neighbor's fence. But it doesn't appear, judging from my immediate neighbors, that they care about removing some of the ice and snow from their car's path. Humf. I don't know what to think about that.
My driveway
Neighbor's driveway
Then again, let's just say, I back out of my driveway successfully. I still have to get down the alleyway without hitting anything before I even make it out to a road.....
2 comments:
You are such a good neighbor! :) We managed to miss the crazy weather this time around...
It's not suppose to get above freezing till maybe Saturday! AND we have a chance for more snow on Friday. Thus, the kids are probably not going to school the rest of the week :)
Post a Comment