Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Great Bed Unveiling

This weekend Oma and Opa came up to, ahem, take home the bed that Scott made for them. Yup, Scott, the woodworker, has made a king size bed for his parents! It is/was a Christmas present for them. Unfortunately, it wasn't quite ready for Christmas, and it wasn't quite ready this weekend either.....But, it is a huge project and you don't want to rush greatness :)

Honestly, I'm very impressed with my husband's accomplishments with this bed. I didn't know he had it in him. This whole woodworking thing is relatively new to him (and me). I didn't know what to expect.

I didn't expect....the sawdust on my car, in my house, on everything in the garages.

I didn't expect, my husband suiting up like he's going into chemical warfare (with goggles, breathing filter, and ear muffs - I really need a picture of this, but haven't achieved it yet).


I didn't expect all the trips to Rockler and the other woodworking stores and websites, and movies watched on YouTube.

I didn't expect, how nice it turned out......

Headboard

Footboard