Saturday, February 5, 2011

Just another day in Dallas....

Today, Scott had to work. And because he had to leave the house early and drive in the snow/ice, he took our Nissan Murano. Therefore, I was stuck at home with the Corolla - which I did not want to drive this morning unless I HAD to.


I was determined to get out of the house. So we had a mandatory walk to the pond at Russel Creek Park. I was hoping it would be pleasant, but we didn't get 100 yards from the house when Ian began to pout. My eyes were bothering me because of the glare, so I asked him if it was bothering him too. He latched onto that excuse right away, so we trekked back home for sunglasses.

The sunglasses were all in the Murano.

This is where Mommy get resourceful and grabs the swimming goggles :) Please don't laugh too hard - I was desperate to get out from under my roof.

So, we continued on to see the pond and stopped at a couple of playgrounds along the way.




Sure, enough, the pond was frozen. There was once patch that wasn't that the ducks were huddled on. Then there were a couple of seagulls walking across the ice. It's not everyday you see a frozen pond in Texas.

About 4 o'clock I couldn't take it any longer. We piled in the car and went to WalMart. The roads were melted enough by then that I felt pretty safe. Tomorrow we have another chance of snow and this time they are saying there won't be any accumulation ;)

2 comments:

Jill said...

The swim goggles crack me up! But, hey, you do what you gotta do. :)

Kim said...

This looks like Lancaster, Texas. If so, then I'm Kim. Hi! I'm your neighbor!!!

Small world.
ka