Payton is in the Collin County Ballet Theater's (CCBT)- Nutcracker this year. She is cast as a Sugar Plum Fairy Attendant. She gets to wear the cutest little purple tutu! :) (I can't believe I'm saying this because I'm not a girly-girl. But really, it's really sweet and cute.)She's very excited.....I'm actually very excited for her.
CCBT actually does a great job with the whole production. They try to keep the costs down for each individual, so they use lots of volunteers, volunteer hours, and fundraising.
Payton started practices at the end of October. And has them once a week on Saturdays. Most of them are for an hour and a half. But she also gets to see the big girls dance and go on pointe which she loves.
Well, one of the fundraisers that they do is called the Sugar Plum Fairy Tea. It's a fancy tea for little girls and their moms or grandmas. The cast has a grand entrance, they take pictures with the girls and then they do snip-its of some of the Nutcracker performances.
On Nov. 27, Payton got to 'work' the Tea. Since the Sugar Plum Fairy (SPF) is the 'star' of the thing, Payton was right in the middle of the whole thing. She and another Attendant followed the SPF around everywhere. Then during the performances, the SPF Attendants got to sit up on the stage and watch the entire time! Payton did such a good job too, especially considering they tell the girls before-hand about the stage part.
My little girl :)



No comments:
Post a Comment