Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day! - Mommy's sick


Yup, Mommy's sick. I don't get sick very often and even when I get a cold, I usually don't slow down much. But, today I've been dragging, actually, more of trudging through the day. I have a sore throat, a painful cough, and not much of a voice. So I couldn't raise my voice at all to get any point across to the kids. If they were whining, I ignored it. If they were fighting, I would remove one of them from the situation. Payton and Ian didn't know exactly what to say about Mommy being sick.

I am especially thankful today for two people. Thank God for my friend Jill. She took care of the kids this morning while I took a nap and sulked in my frailty. The kids had a great time with her children, Samuel and Sarah, and I got some rest. It's sometimes hard dealing with two children ages 3 and under when you are not sick. But when you are not feeling well, everything is so amplified. And I'm thankful for my husband. Scott had to work, but he got home at 2 pm. He took care of the kids and everything else :)

So this Thanksgiving was unlike any other I'd ever had. In one way, being sick was good because if we were to have lots of people over, I don't think I would have enjoyed it. I definitely didn't feel like cooking. But I did miss all my friends and family today. I give thanks for everyone in my life. I am very blessed to have a great family and wonderful friends, who no matter where I've lived have always been there for me.

Now for a little funny note. On Monday, I hosted a playdate for some boys Ian's age and came up with a little turkey plate craft. Well, the boys didn't care much for it (they were too young), but Payton loved it. We have made at least one turkey plate a day since then. Most days we make about 5 of them. It's like some bazaar addiction. Some of the turkeys even have names. Payton keeps asking, 'What can we do with the turkeys, Mommy?'





No comments: