Monday, January 19, 2009



Alright, so the new comforter theory didn't work. Ian and I still had to go 'round and 'round till he got tired enough to give up and go to sleep for nap time. I even tried giving him a couple of toys to play with in his room. I have a feeling I'm going to have to take more drastic measures. Maybe I'll put his new toy garage in his room. Payton has a doll house in hers. Hopefully, this is just a phase that he's going through and he'll come to appreciate quiet/nap times. Payton has in her own way. She can stay in her room for up to two hours (on good days) without complaining. She reads and plays with her toys. I realize she is probably the exception when it comes to young children and naps, but I'm hoping that Ian inherited whatever Payton has when it comes to quiet time.

So, today is not nearly as cold as it has been. The temperatures in the 30s actually seem mild in comparison to when the temperatures were in the single digits and the teens. But the kids still don't want to go outside (actually neither do I). So why not have a TP party when you break open the huge pack of  toilet paper from Costco?

No comments: