Yesterday afternoon, we ventured out into the 40 degree weather for a play date at a park near by with Samuel and Sarah. Their Mommy brought me hot chocolate which made the cold easier to bear. The kids didn't seem to mind at first, but after about 40 minutes Ian was ready to go because his hands were cold. I tried to get mittens on him, but he wouldn't have it. After me holding him for about 10 minutes warming up his hands, he was better and played a little longer. It's nice to get the kids out and let them run around. Playing inside all day gets very old! I don't know how people do it farther north.
Today, we're suppose to get the arctic blast of cold air. As I write this morning, I think we are nearing our high temperature of 37 degrees. By this evening it should be in the teens. I don't think we will be playing much outside for the next couple of days. We just don't have the appropriate clothes to enjoy that weather. Does anyone actually enjoy being this cold?
No comments:
Post a Comment