Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let's Make a Deal

Scott and I made a deal. Deals are made often in this household. They are always formed in order to get what one person wants, but usually they benefit both people involved. A lot of times we will make deals with the children like, 'If you clean your room, you can have 2 M&Ms.' Anyway, Scott wanted to play golf this morning, so he said he would get up with the children this morning, and then give me some free time Sunday afternoon. I agreed. Poor Scott had to get up at 6:10 this morning and I slept in till 8! I can't remember the last time I was still in bed at 8 am. So I got up and Scott left for golf.

The children helped me put together and apple pie. I still have apples in the freezer from the trip to the orchard. Frozen apples do not fit neatly into a pie crust. It took an hour and 10 minutes at 400 degrees to get the thing done. I hope it's yummy.

Then we attempted to clean up the play room. (The deal was, that if the kids helped clean up, they could get one of their chocolate gold coins.) This morning was actually very pretty. The sun was shining. It was cool, but very nice with our coats on. We played outside for a while. The kids and I actually had a great morning.


Ian is still having a little difficulty putting himself to sleep after the trip to TX. He always wants mommy to sleep next to him, but I'm refusing to. So he ends up crying himself to sleep. It's kind of sad, but he needs to be able to put himself to sleep without my help like he did before our trip. Today during nap time, he was protesting sleep. After he settled down, I found him in his chair and moved him to his bed :)



No comments: