Yesterday, Ian and I went to Payton's field trip to SciWorks (a children's science museum). The children seemed to have a good time. We went to the planetarium first. The kids have never been in one. Ian flipped out a bit at first, and then he fell asleep during the show. Payton enjoyed the show. She can tell you all about constellations now - 'they make pictures out of stars'. Go Payton, saying her four syllable word. How many of us say that we can say a word that has more syllables than our age?
I'm glad Ian fell asleep because a 45 minute show for an active 2 year old must seem like forever. As it was, the 30- 3 and 4 year olds were pretty antsy by the time we left. After the planetarium, we only had half an hour to explore the museum until lunch. Payton's class left after lunch, but we stayed a little longer.
Today at lunch, Ian, Payton and I are sitting there eating away when I hear Payton say, 'STOP!' I looked at Payton and asked what was the matter. She was kicking her chair and it was making noise, so she was telling her feet to stop and be quiet :) And then she would kick her chair some more. I told her that people usually don't talk to their appendages. She just grinned at me.
By then Ian was done with his food that he had inhaled and he said, 'Mommy, all done. I want to go play with my truck.' Ian's not 2 yet. He might end up being more talkative than Payton. Only time will tell.
It's the end of quiet time and Payton is chanting, 'I want to get up! I want to get up!' She'll probably want some juice, a snack and her favorite episode of the Backyardigans right now entitled 'Garbage Trek' (which we've watched now about 20 times in the last 2 weeks).
No comments:
Post a Comment