
The call came from the school at 5:48 am. 'Due to current weather conditions and forecast, there will be no school today' Yeah! - for Payton who was still sleeping soundly. I peeked outside, sure enough - SNOW! By the time Payton woke up at 7:20 the snowing had stopped, but we still had a nice dusting of it. After breakfast, we went out to explore. Immediately, Payton was excited about making footprints. Ian ran around making footprints, but then they didn't know what else to do with themselves. Like last time, there wasn't enough to do much with. The greatest accumulation of snow was on our deck. I gathered some of the snow up and made a little snowman. Payton complained, 'Mommy, I want to make a big snowman!' That wasn't going to happen, so I tried to get the kids to scoop some snow together to make little balls. I yelled, 'Snow fight!' and there one of the little balls of snow at Ian's chest. He gave me the most confused/incredulous look like, 'How dare you, Mommy?! You're not suppose to throw things at me!' I threw one at Payton and she giggled. Ian finally giggled a little and we had a little snow fight. Well, that was about it. The kids got bored and cold so we went inside. I made them some hot chocolate and we all sat down at the table to warm up. The kids thought it was pretty cool for about 3 sips and then they both said they were done and went to play.


No comments:
Post a Comment