My trip to Phoenix was great! I got to go to bed late, sleep in, and catch up with all my friends. The stay at Casa Reagan was delightful. I'd forgotten how enjoyable it was to have a great conversation over a beer at 3 in the afternoon :) The weather was gorgeous and the mountains were beautiful, as always.

Picture courtesy of Jill Pruitt ;)
Daddy did a great job with the kids. I think he was a little bit of an over-achiever, but he just has a hard time vegging at home. The kids were worn out after hanging out with Daddy for 4 days and I think they are still somewhat recovering. The house was a little messy, but not terrible. Other than the kitchen floor seeming to be abnormally sticky, and something brown, sweet-smelling sticky stuff in the carpet, the house wasn't in too bad of shape.
When I arrived at the airport, both Payton and Ian came running to me and jumped into my arms. Payton had loads to say. Ian tried to jump into the conversation with his one words here or there. It was nonstop about everywhere Daddy took them, including Polar bears.
We've been back to our normal schedules this week. School, the gym, playdate at a park with Samuel and Sarah - the usual. Yesterday, Payton was showing me some her new tricks. Maybe we should look into gymnastics....
Picture courtesy of Jill Pruitt ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment