Thursday morning, Payton had her second cavity fixed. The Dentist ended up just disking it off because it was small enough that she didn't need a filling. Payton didn't like the shot or it's numbing effects much. She kept saying that it hurt when, in fact, she just didn't understand what she was or was not feeling. It was quite traumatic for her - and Mommy. Ian was great. He found a couple of cars and kept himself entertained. We came home, had lunch, and packed up again to got visit my cousin Benita who lives in Hampton, Va. It's about a 5 hour drive there. The drive wasn't too bad, except I started to have a little car trouble. A hose of some sort came off of something or another (I know nothing about cars, except this thing had happened to me previously and I knew how to fix it). We were 3 miles from Benita's house, when the engine stalled out on me. I called Benita and her parents, who were also visiting, for help. Laird fixed the problem and the car seems to be OK. The highlight of the drive was the mile and a half long tunnel that's only 10 minutes from Benita's house. Payton especially thought it was cool. I, on the other hand, find tunnels disturbing. There are no 'outs' if someone is driving erratic or something goes wrong with a car. I don't like it. One wrong move and there could be a massive accident. So, I'm not a fan of tunnels.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Here we go again....
Well, we slept in that Wednesday after we got back from Phoenix, and then went to the gym. We got there at 11, but it felt like 8 am. It was really strange and a little surreal. We did laundry, got Ian's hair cut (that was a nightmare), worked in the garden, and went to the store. Then when it was time for be, neither child was tired (of course) so we all fought and cried about it for an hour before they went to sleep somewhere between 9:30-10 pm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment