
Benita lives 40 minutes to Virginia Beach. So we took a trip there Friday. The kids (and adults) had a blast. Payton was ready to go into the water right away. She loves jumping waves. Ian wasn't so sure about it. He played in the sand for most of the visit. My job during the sand play was to fetch the water. I felt like Mickey Mouse in Fantasia. The last hour I finally coaxed Ian to finally sit with me just where the waves touched the beach. I had to explain to him that only the little waves would reach us - not the big waves. It finally sunk in and he started to play in the water and jump waves with us. Of course, then it was time to go.






On the way back, we got stuck in a seven mile traffic backup going into the tunnel. I'm not a big fan of tunnels.
No comments:
Post a Comment