Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fall trip


Last Saturday, we were thinking about going to the Lexington BBQ festival. It's ranked in the top 10 festivals in the country by some Leisure magazine (that I'm too lazy to look up the title to). But, the fall colors were calling Scott and I to take a trip to look at them before they fall to the ground. Scott and I realize that this could be our last Fall to live in a place with such a glorious show of color right outside our back door. So, we headed up into Virginia. We went to Fairy Stone State park. We didn't find any fairy stones, but we saw lots of pretty color. We had a nice picnic lunch and the kids got to play on a little playground at the park.
The kids were getting antsy with all the driving and I was getting a little sick from all the curvy roads, so we headed back home. The whole trip actually took about 5 hours, but it was so beautiful!

No comments: