Sunday, June 12, 2011

First week of Summer Vacation

 Whew. No school to distract the kids. And no school to give mommy time to clean or shop without distractions. And no school to give Mommy a break.

While it's nice to have the kids around, they can be a little, ahem, demanding. I have found that if you fill their time with activities, they are a whole lot easier to get along with. Thus I have come up with a plan to help us through the summer.

We have a new theme each week, so that Mommy can have a focus for activities and field trips.

This week our theme was building and measurement. We took a field trip this week to.....

Where else would the van Poppel's go?

The Legoland Discovery Center.

The LDC just opened in Grapevine Mills Mall this past spring. The place is pretty fun, but for a family that just visited Legoland, we were hoping for a little bit more. But all in all, it was a fun place to visit. I especially liked the 4D movie. I didn't quite understand what that meant when I went into the theater. And I didn't quite understand why some signs said that I WILL get wet. Well, it was a 3D movie, with wind and water effects. It was pretty cool.




Miniland

Ian launching his car.

At the end of the week, each child made a scrapbook page with pictures and (for a Payton - a sentence) describing the week.

No comments: