Friday, June 17, 2011

It's Pandamania!


God is wild about us!


We had our last day of Vacation Bible School this week. It had a Panda them. The church was covered in bamboo backdrops and pandas.

The kids had such a great time. They  are wild about the new songs they learned, about the crafts they made, and about the games they played.

I volunteered to help out at VBS and somehow got appointed to be in charge of the elementary school crafts which included kids going into 1st thru 5th grade - about 70 kids overall. I didn't have to come up with the crafts, just organize them, execute them in the time allotted, and direct the other assistants. Thank God I had an assistant that was much more like a team leader. She was awesome. Then I had four teen assistants that helped. Without them, it would have been truly chaotic. But, we survived and I think most of the kids really liked the crafts they took home. Here are some of them.



Prayer Journal
Lantern


Jonah
Whale with Jonah inside (Jonah looks like his fin in this pic)
    

Rain Stick

Ian (God made us.)
Giggle goggles (God watches over us.)

 The pandas were cute, I have to admit....



I made this lantern panda to decorate the craft room....


It even lights up :)


So, maybe next time the kids a panda they will think fondly back to VBS and some of the bible points learned there  - maybe :)




No comments: