Thursday, June 2, 2011

Payton's Field Day

Last Friday, Payton had her first Field Day at school. They had about 20 different stations that either had a race, game or activity. I volunteered to work the scooter races, so I got to see the action. The kids had such a great time.

But it wasn't like when I had Field Day. When I was in school (ahem, not so long ago...) we went out to the football stadium and had races - races in the infield and races around the track. There were winners that received ribbons and losers that didn't receive anything. It was fun, even if you didn't win because you didn't have to do work ALL day!

Payton's Field Day was all about hanging out with a partner and doing all activities together - some which emphasized team building.

I'm not saying one type of Field Day is better than the other....



The most important thing is that everyone had fun.

No comments: