We've moved from Phoenix to Winston-Salem, NC. The kids seem to be adjusting better than Mommy and Daddy. Payton and Ian love the staircase in our new home - I should say they love throwing things down the staircase in our new home. The backyard is also great. There is lots of room to run around, although the grass is not very soft. Poor Ian has the hardest time with the backyard because the yard slopes, the grass is a little scratchy, and there are little divots everywhere.
We've joined the Downtown YMCA. It's no Lifetime Fitness, but I it'll do. The first time I tried to drive there, I got completely lost. It's in a section of town called the West End which is composed of huge, steep hills. One street looks like the next and you can't see anything for the trees. Payton was a little worried, but not as worried as when we took a 15 minute detour to get home because Mommy got lost again! I think by the third time we went to the gym I finally figured it all out.
We have a deck off the kitchen that overlooks the yard. We have made it a habit of eating breakfast and sometimes lunch out there because we've had some beautiful weather. Today we were out there and Payton had to bring her plastic toy giraffe. She said that he was hungry and wanted to share her yogurt. Then she proceeded to dunk the entire head of the giraffe into her yogurt. Poor giraffe not only got a yogurt facial, but then got a tongue bath when Payton licked it all off. All I could do was shake my head.
No comments:
Post a Comment