Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not the eggplant!


Today I decided it was time to pick our one and only eggplant from our one and only eggplant plant. It seemed to have stopped growing, so I wanted to pick it before it started going bad. I'm very proud of this eggplant. It's the first one I've ever grown and I must say that it is a particularly good looking vegetable - not very big - but I like the shape. I picked it right before school and showed Payton my prized eggplant. She oohed and aaahhed over it and then said 'I want to show my teacher. I want to give it to my teacher.' As I repeated her requests out loud back to her in the form of questions, inside my head a little voice was screaming, "NO! Not the eggplant!" She changed her tune quickly enough before we left the house, saying that she just wanted to show her teacher the eggplant. But I didn't breathe a sigh of relief until Payton's teacher handed the eggplant back to Payton and said, 'That's a very nice eggplant. Thank you for showing me.'

Payton's second day of school evidently went really well (no potty accidents :) until I came to pick her up. Then she started bawling. Payton wanted to have lunch with the other kids in her class. So I had to carry a teary-eyed daughter to the car promising a great lunch with Mommy and Ian. I'm glad she likes school. It makes it easier for me because I'm a little bit of a worry-er. And I was relieved about no accidents. We told Payton that if she didn't have any accidents that she could have a special prize. She asked if she could have toothbrushes for her animals (stuffed toys) so that they could brush their teeth before they go to bed. Then she asked if she could have 5 toothbrushes! I told her she could have one for every day she didn't have any accidents at school. After we dropped Payton off at school, Ian and I went to the dollar store and bought 5 little toothbrushes for $1.



She liked her snack. They had crackers and cheese. She said she actually ate the cheese which she has never done for me. It was rainy today, so Payton sported her new rain coat and boots. She was pretty stylin'.

No comments: